Friday, December 21, 2012

Now We Are Six

my blog is six years old today... SIX! Where did that go?! i'm not sure, but trinity pup is still blogging, even though there may be fewer monthly posts. An achievement, nonetheless, as i've seen so many blogs disappear that were around when i first started out. A little sad, but that's how life goes and it is hard to keep writing when you don't have that much to say or feel like it.

For me, the pressure i used to feel to blog has passed and now i write when i want to, not because it's expected of me. Quality rather than quantity is the key, i believe. And a new year beckons, so i am hoping that it will bring new experiences and great memories, such as those that this year certainly created.

As i've always been a big fan of Winnie-the-Pooh, and i associate a lot with Eeyore (that could be another post), i thought it apt to share this quote from the 1927 book of its creator, A.A. Milne:

Now We Are Six

When I was One,
I had just begun.
When I was Two,
I was nearly New.
When I was Three,
I was hardly me.
When I was Four,
I was not much more.
When I was Five,
I was just alive.
But now I am Six,
I'm as clever as clever,
So I think I'll be six now for ever and ever.

4 comments:

thisgirl said...

congratulations!

longingsend said...

Happy 6th birthday!

xo mina

Geetwo said...

Well done. Keep up the good work.Weed

Geetwo said...

Oops. Don't know where the Weed came from..........